We treasure your interactions and want to be a good partner
Welcome to CoveyClub
CoveyClub LLC, a New York limited liability company (“CoveyClub”, “we”, “our”, “us”), operates the website located at the URL www.coveyclub.com and any other websites or applications branded as CoveyClub, the “Website”). CoveyClub respects your privacy rights and is committed to protecting the information we collect from you online.
Effective date: April 17, 2017
Scope of Policy
PROVIDING ANY INFORMATION TO US.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, date of birth, username, password, and other personally identifiable information
- Certain financial or demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate, such as your age, gender, hobbies, interests, zip/postal code, or country
- Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user
- Service provider name and the date, time, and content of any messages sent from you to us
- IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type, and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages you access on the Website). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user
- Credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses, and CVV codes
- Information you or your mobile device provides to us
- Information regarding uses of the services, and other information provided to us in any way, shape, or form
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
- Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Website or on a third party-hosted website, whether via computer or mobile device
- Through the completion of paper forms provided to us
- Through surveys
- Through referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, and others
- Through the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs, and via “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single-pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Website server log analysis, and other similar technological means
- Certain portions of the Website may require that you register for an account before being able to access them. On those portions of the Website that require registration, we may collect information to create your account, as well as to determine specific content, products, and services that may be of particular interest to you. By collecting and maintaining accurate information, we learn more about your interests and needs and are better able to provide you with such content and with offers for such products and services.
Use of Information / Data Collected
We may use the information we collect to identify the parties with whom we are dealing and to provide customized information and offers of products and services. While we do not currently use third-party services that display customized content and advertising provided by us, we may do so in the future. We may also use the information for statistical and/or marketing purposes, to improve our technologies, to provide information about our company, and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third-party vendors. We may track your use of the Website over time for the purpose of, among other things, enhancing your experience on the Website and providing marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services, and other content that we think may be of specific interest to you.
We reserve the right to share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose the information we collect from you to third parties. We may also share your information with certain third parties in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and/or ensuring the security of our network and services. We may also use the information you provide to market products and services to you. We may obtain your information through third parties by virtue of advertisements placed by us on websites maintained by those third parties. We may also use information provided by you to manage your account.
We may store or transfer your credit/debit card data in order to more easily provide services to you. If such credit/debit card and other billing information is collected and/or stored, such credit/debit card and other billing information will be collected and transferred over a secure connection in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and is used only for processing underlying transactions. We will share this information only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
We do not currently use geolocation for purposes of tracking your location when you use the Website, but we reserve the right to do so in the future in order to better target product and service offerings and other information to you.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
Use of Web Technologies
We employ a software technology called tracking pixels (a/k/a web beacons/web bugs/clear gifs) that enables us to better manage the content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. Tracking pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of visitors to a website. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on website pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by tracking pixels to your personally identifiable information.
As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track the movements of users around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use the Website, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks, and servers, firewalls, and encryption. When we ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer/mobile device. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
No Information Collected from Children
The content and services provided by us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise not of legal age to form a binding contract in your place of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use the Website. No information is knowingly collected or retained from children under the age of 13, nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide to us, we may send you a welcome e-mail. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates that you request, and to manage your account. In addition, when you register an account with us, you may choose to consent to our contacting you by e-mail and to receiving our e-mail subscriptions, or editorial e-mails from us. If at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by e-mail and/or receive our e-mail subscriptions, or editorial e-mails, you may opt-out of these functions by changing the preferences in your account.
If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you e-mail, postal mail, or other messages about our products and services, you can opt-out. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line, or unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button on the newsletter.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information, once a calendar year and free of charge, regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request the removal of such data, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We will make sure that the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Manage Accurate Information
CoveyClub is based in the United States, with our servers and offices headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Website, an Account, or any services provided by us may be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Website or an Account, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and within the United States. If our cookies or other software detects IP addresses located in a country outside the United States, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. We may transfer your information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or other change in control.