Acronyms for Grownups
It's time for our generation to invent our own acronyms
Growing up, my parents spoke Yiddish when they didn’t want us kids to understand (they switched to French once we caught on to Yiddish.)
These days it’s our kids who speak in code, using acronyms only they can decipher. Well, two can play this game, LOL. It’s time for our generation to invent our own secret acronyms.
- FOML: Fear of missing lunch
- DNUMS: Do NOT upgrade my system
- ICHDY: I could have diapered you
- PMR Post-menopausal rage
- FOIT: Fuck off; I’m tweezing
- IYWNNP: It’s “You’re welcome,” not “No problem”
- WAIITR: Why am I in this room?
- MRHC: My real hair color
- ITGP: Is that a gray pube?
- BO: Bras off
- NLMP: No longer my problem
- DTLITY: Does this look infected to you?
- YLMAH: You lost me at hello
- PUYP: Pick up your phone!
If even one of these acronyms goes viral, my life will not have been in vain.
Amy Sunshine is a New Jersey-based writer and a former editor at Parents and Self magazines.
How To Declutter in the Digital Age (The Covey, May 2018)
13 Millennial Acronyms You Need to Know
What The Hell Does “AF Room” Mean?
If you enjoy this content, UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY and receive FREE ISSUES of TheCovey magazine delivered straight to your inbox each month! Our magazine features in-depth reporting, first-person stories, and special offers. All just for you.
Tell us what you think.
Leave your comments below